I got a great email from my mom earlier today. There is a quick background story I will condense for you: 1) When I lived at home for the summer between first year and second year, so 2000, I lived in the basement and in the celling was an infestation of mice. We caught about 10 in 3 days once we set up traps. 2) After the mice were gone, I could still hear something, a larger animal. I hypothesised a weasel. 3) This creature was never caught 4) Early in the year 2001, the creature decided to chew threw a water pipe and flooded our nice basement. 5) Earlier in this year, 2002, the creature has now chewed a hole into the cupboard under the kitchen sink so it can access our garbage. 6) Under the sink, it punctured a container of olive oil which then splattered all over the basement walls as my dad removed the celling in hopes of catching it. That bring you up to speed. Yes, my parents have not made any real attempts to catch it over the past two years except for buying a jumbo sized mousetrap. So, apparently the other day my mom was washing dishes and heard the creature in the cupboard - so she opens the cupboard doors and apparently as bold as ever there sat a humogous rat starring back at her. Oh that evokes such an image in my head. I see it growling at her. Anyway, she ran out to Canadian Tire and bought a stick rat trap. Set it up, and the next morning, there the creature was, stuck to the pad - along with a little mouse. I don't know if they thought to take a picture of my arch nemesis, I can only hope. So, how do they dispose of it? Oh my goodness. My dad took it out to the garage and BE-HEADED it!!!! That's right, chopped it's head right off! Great job, dad! Please say there are pictures - or you kept the head as a trophy.
Dreaming of Hawaii
The day to day happenings of a boy who wants to live in a simple shack on the beaches of Hawaii but is currently stranded in the urban sprawl of Mississauga.

<< Home