Saturday, November 09, 2002

Someone from the grade ahead of me in high school recently passed away. I didn't know her that well but knew what she was like. Last year around this time, someone else from that same graduating class passed away. I didn't know him very much at all and thus with this most recent unfortunatate event, I am hit by it differently than last year. It's making me reflect far more than I did previously. It upsets me that I am not in touch with those people who I want to be as much as I would like. It's even harder when you are close to some people but at the same time feel very distant from them.
A very good friend of mine is of the mindset that it's inevitable you'll grow distant from those who were once close to you, so she makes very little effort to keep in touch. However, I fully disagree with that mindset. I think the distance is however far you make it. If you make an effort, it won't even feel like there is any seperation.