Last night I went into town to rent a DVD from the new Blockbuster. Blockbuster is so totally unlike Video 99, my place of employment for 2 years. I am really glad that I worked in a small video store as opposed to a large corporate one like Blockbuster. I selected Unfaithful (as predetermined with the family) and proceeded to the counter where the dog show began. I went to the middle of 3 clerks. It was a young gentleman still in high school, "Chuck." I did not recognize him. He asks me if I have a membership and I say, "yes my parents do but I don't have a card." Then he types things into the computer and asks if it's under Patrica. I nod. I am now confused because he didn’t ask for my phone number or last name and I don’t know who he is. While trying to process this, the teller on the left starts talking to me about school, as she is an old acquaintance. When I tell her I am in psychology, the clerk on the right (who is on the phone and serving a customer at the same time) chimes in on the conversation as well “Oh, psychology – that must take a long time?!” I look back to Chuck who hands me my receipt and I go flying out of there wondering if I took some drugs before entering. Turns out Chuck is the brother of someone I went to high school with and the neighbor of our good family friends so I guess that’s how he recognized me as a Doyle. I was hoping it could have been my van living days that made me a celebrity in little Uxbridge. That would be exciting.
Dreaming of Hawaii
The day to day happenings of a boy who wants to live in a simple shack on the beaches of Hawaii but is currently stranded in the urban sprawl of Mississauga.

<< Home