Yesterday was the annual "dreaded" family get together. Each year on Boxing Day we get together with my dad's side of the family. We see this side of the family not very often and I have actually missed out on the past 3 major events, one wedding I was living in my Survivor Van, one wedding I was in BC, and one big birthday I was not sure where I was. This side of the family is an interesting bunch, for the most part everyone keeps to their immediate portion of the family, and no one really talks too much to each other unless it involves Crokinole. Well, this year I branched out and made more of an effort to talk to my kin, and ended up enjoying myself more so than ever before. In previous years I worried too much about what people thought about me but this year I didn't care. Whatever, if they think I am an idiot, then so be it. If they think I am intelligent, then so be it. Cause really they don't know much about me as is. So, I'd rather take some initiative and let them get to know me rather than imagine what their perception of me is when they know nothing. Thank-you Captain Morgan!
I also now have 3 relatives that I am supposed to stay with when I visit Andréa, Jess & Mel in Ottawa for reading week. Even though I was planning on staying with the girls, maybe I'll at least spend one night at one of the relatives.

<< Home