Poor customer service irritates me so much that flames, flames, flames...on the side of my face. I thought customer service departments were designed specifically to assist with questions/concerns/complaints. Well, apparently not all of them. Earlier this week I called Entertainment Weekly, my only subscription magazine, as now for the second time in less than 5 months they seemed to have magically changed my address to something not bearing any resemblance to the real thing. I called and spoke to Tony who offered that the Canada Post changed my address since it looked funny. Umm, sure thing Tony. So he put my address back to what it should be. I was fully not satisfied - for all I knew someone at this other address was changing it so they could steal my subscription. All you need to go online and change your address is the subscription number located at the top of my mailing label. I then logged onto to the website to fire off an online feedback form to complain about the situation. Here is the reply I received if you can believe it. This was not good enough in the least bit. I called them back and this time spoke to Tammy who basically informed me she couldn't tell me anything because their records only go back to the last inquiry you made. My last inquiry was the email I sent, thus Tammy had no record of when I spoke to Tony and thus could also not see who had called in to update my address, Ridic! After speaking to Tammy for awhile, she assured me she did something to my file so the address could only be updated via a phone call (so no online updates). I guess Tammy didn't understand my concern. I thanked her nonetheless and hung-up.
Today, I got a call from a very friendly sounding woman from Entertainment Weekly. I thought "Wow, a manager or someone is following up on my concern!" Nope, turns out this was just Karen who wanted to know if I would like to renew my subscription! HAH! I told her no, she asked why, and I relayed the above story in a condensed version to her. This surprised her. Hopefully, she will pass the message on that they have lost this customer due to their poor customer service.

<< Home