Pride weekend was great this year. It had a different feel to it for me this year compared to previous years but it was still equally as great. My weekend was a tad random as there was no one person I stayed with for the whole weekend, although Nic and I did split a cheap SARS room. I have learnt though that random = good and sketchy = bad. There is a difference afterall.
Friday
I headed to Toronto for lunch at a Mexican fast food place with Amy and Rahim and got caught up. As I left them I ran into an old former frosh leader, smack dab in the middle of the financial distract, who I usually only get the pleasure of seeing while drunk at Bomber. We learnt that we were both going to Erica's party that night. I headed uptown to drop my bags off at Kate's and to get caught up with her. Then to the village for Starbucks with my favourite online random friend. We chatted and parted ways. Back on the Subway in order to go uptown again but on the west side to see PK. Luckily for her, I didn't have to berate her this time. For some reason, she has this ability to make a comment about my appearance that really sticks with me. Probably because she sees me so spradically, she notices the subtle differences. According to her, I have lost some weight (and the scale in Uxbridge says I did indeed finally lose those pounds put on from the caf this year) She also noticed a new scar on the back of my head - well it was more of a massive scratch that was bleeding and I was clueless where it came from. Meh. Departing PK, it was off to the party. I arrived to meet some new faces and only knew Erica for the first little while. We drank it up on her rooftop patio and slowly faces I knew began to arrive. It was a great random group of kids, all the boys were gay, all the girls were straight. Finally, from there we deaprted to Woody's and I got to see Dave, Joel, Caitlin and Stacie. My time there was brief however, and probably for the better, and I was whisked away back to Kates for an attempted night of sleep that really was about watching her kitten run around in circles.

<< Home