I am nearing the end of my latest novel and I am getting worried. The main characters are very enjoyable and I really don't want anything to happen to them but there has been so much foreshadowing, I can't see them living happily ever after. I read the first half the book very quickly because it's so engrossing but have slowed my pace right down because I don't want it to end.
I've never really cared much before for characters in a novel but I find myself getting mad at the main character for being so stupid sometimes. The book itself is a combination of Godfather meets The Great Gatsby says the author and in fact it is being read at some universities/colleges in the states as an alternate for The Great Gatsby. I know noone has time to do pleasure reading but as a future note, it's called "The Gold Coast" and is written by Nelson DeMille.

<< Home