Talk about frustration, and nothing but! Yesterday I was looking forward to drawing an end to my schooling here at UW but after some crappy turn of events, I may not be able to. At 1pm, I had a meeting with my undergrad advisor to make sure I was on track for my honours degree. I was right on all accounts, except one. I enrolled into two psych advanced psych courses this term, as I only need ONE to meet my degree requirements. I figured "Adam you better take two, to make sure you get a 75 in at least one of them." Thinking the other one wouldn't be a factor into my final grades. Wrong, dead wrong. All psych courses I have ever taken, regardless of if they don't count as a requirement, are a factor in my final overall honours average. Yes, I know it was stupid on my part to not be aware of this before but in all the info I've ever read, there is no indication of this! So now I have 3 courses counting towards my average that I was unaware of, and because I didn't think they counted, do you think I worked hard in them??
Literally, all I can do is sit and wait until Dec 19 to see how my grades this term will affect the average. So close to the line.
Another major frustration that occurred today, after getting back a paper from my psychosexual organization class, I noticed I was docked 10% for handing in my paper two days late! Whoa Nelly, excuse me? No, I handed it on the day it was due, then the teacher gave them right back to us, giving us a 2 day extension in case we wanted to revise it. I kept it, and just ended up handing it in on the new due date, but 3 hours late as I missed class to finish another paper. I brought this up with BJ in front of those still writing the exam, and she said “good thing you caught that, I’ll be extremely generous and just dock you half a day late (2.5%).” I didn’t even change anything, she should have just kept it when I handed it in the first place! So I ended up losing a very much-needed 2.5% to hold onto a paper that ended up causing me more hassle to hand it in the second time.
Long posts indicate frustration, unless it’s a funny recap of someone’s weekend.

<< Home