I am becoming disillusioned with the real "working" world. When I was originally asked to join Housing and Residence I was under the impression that I would be part-lackey, part-independent worker. For the first few weeks of work, I did feel much more of an independent worker. I was to start up initiatives that would be of benefit to the department. Well these past couple of days have shown me that people view me simply as a lackey. My initiatives are not taken seriously - they are accepted as being worthwhile but when I put forth the effort I do not receive any help from anywhere else. People seem more worried about what their own specific duties are and don't make the effort to concern themselves with anything new. This job is definitely giving me lots of insight to the type of work I want to be doing as a career though. I guess that's some silver lining. Oh - I should also mention I went to work at 8am, and was there until 9:30pm (with a 1/2 hr lunch and an hour dinner break).
Dreaming of Hawaii
The day to day happenings of a boy who wants to live in a simple shack on the beaches of Hawaii but is currently stranded in the urban sprawl of Mississauga.

<< Home