Monday, January 26, 2004

This weekend I got another small tiny taste of what city living could be like. I stayed at my friend Catherine's place in High Park. Very nice apartment in a very nice little homey village where bakerys and cafes were kings.
Friday night we ventured off to Tango/Crews in order to find some lesbians for Catherine. Initally, we felt weird just going with each other as we didn't want people to think we were a couple, nor did we want to leave each other while one ran to the bathroom. But it turned out to be a super fun night, thanks to Catherines great Jolly Rancher drink and my pushing her to talk to girls in the bar. One girl asked her to dance but Catherine decided to tell her that we were just leaving instead. However we just went downstairs where we ran into toque boy from August (only now he's fauxhawk boy). Funny random connection is that Johnny is best friends with toque boy's roommate and just last week he filled her in on the connection so I am not sure if toque boy was aware of the sitch, but we still flirted - which wasn't smart cause I was ten times more attracted to his other roommate (among other reasons). The night finally ended with Catherine exchanging her number with a straight girl we met in line at Pizza Pizza.
Saturday night we put together a randomly connected group of people, in which all the guys were definately on the higher end of the attractive scale. We had fun despite waiting in line for 45 minutes for Buddys. Unfortunately Dave, Joel and their crew didn't make it in. We all behaved ourselves despite not wanting to. Catherine ended up giving Johnny and I the keys to her apartment as she ran into something that prevented her from coming home with us.
Good but expensive weekend. I wonder if I could afford a summer of living but not working in the city.