Well I have somewhat big news - kind of hesitant to post about it on here because then I am sure it will fall through or something. I have been offered a position at Queens University's International Study Centre in England. The position is called Student Life Coordinator and it's basically like a resident advisor position combined with being an activities director. The woman who hired me explained it as a much more intense donning job - it's all you do. You're not a student, you can't take on a part-time job and you're expected to be on call 24/7 (except on your days off). The experience sounds terrific, everyone I know who went to school there has loved it. The only thing about this job is that you don't get paid - instead you are given room, board, and travel expenses when going on field studies. So I'd basically be spending my own money for when traveling on my own around Europe and other misc. things. Originally I was very hesitant about accepting, because of the money issue - but really this opportunity sounds too good to miss out on. So long as it doesn't put me in debt, I shouldn't care as I have been itching to travel for awhile now.
The thing that has really hit me hardest about this is that it's really emphasizing the split from everyone as we all graduate. It just really makes it feel like people are going everywhere.
This is still not 100% official but I did want to share with everyone - however the only thing that's stopping me from going is myself. Cheers.

<< Home