So just now as I was leaving Bomber (after meeting the cool kids for drinks there after work) - I notice that by my bike locked to a lamppost is two more bikes lying on the ground beside it and some random standing beside my bike. Then I notice my bike has been locked to the lamppost by another lock (that is not connected to any other bike). Random man standing there says "yeah, UW Police came and locked your bike up because it matches the description of a stolen bike- you'll have to wait for them to come." Ok, sure, whatever. Police show up and then random man unlocks HIS lock from my bike as it turns out HE called the police on me as my bike is like his friends that was stolen! I assure him it's not - really, my bike is borderline ghetto. Hell, the back brake isn't even on anymore, it's just wrapped around my seat! Anyhow, I answer their questions, they take my info but can't take my bike as they don't have any proof. My favorite was when they asked me if I still had the receipt, yeah, cause I keep receipts from 10 years ago!!! Anyhow, if I ever see that sketchy kid on campus. Sheeesh. "What a coincidence, same tires, same gear changes." Well YESSS, if it's the same kind of bike, I didn't change anything that came on it initially. I am riled.
But today is still bliss.

<< Home