Sunday, June 20, 2004

Thanks to everyone for birthday wishes and good cheer, through email, phone and in person at the Bomber. All day yesterday my birthday indeed felt like a non-birthday but by the time I got to Bomber and was surrounded with friends, that feeling quickly changed. Although no time was spent on the patio, it was still a great Bomber night. Most likely the final one to boot.
I was a very lucky birthday boy when I looked across the bar and spotted Johnny. What a trickster. I was so sure he was not coming to see me on my special day and was quite upset about this but really it was him being sneaky. Not only did he show up, he brought cake - and my favourite kind to boot. So begins the year of being 24. I am holding off on buying anti-wrinkle cream until next year's big day.