Back in Waterloo but return to the homestead tomorrow for the weekend. Unfortunately, one of my truly best friends lost her father unexpectedly on Saturday. When she got the news, I headed back to Uxbridge with her. It just sucks so much because her dad was everything to her. Her parents split way back when and her mom has since lived in Newfoundland. Initally upon hearing the news, it was just her and her brother in their dad's house. I did my best to spend as much time with her as possible. I did come back to work for yesterday and today, as they are being overwhelmed right now with people and I really couldn't justify a full week off work.
One thing I dislike that I see is the way older people are "helping." I totally get that they want to be able to help in any way possible, and the way they know best is with "buisness-related" issues (i.e. wills, funeral arrangements). But really some of the things people are saying to her and her brother just dumbfound me. These kids just lost the one man that meant everything to them, they don't want to think about finding a good buyer for the extra bricks their dad had leftover from building the house. They want to greive and remember their father. I hate to be bitchy about people wanting to help, I get it, I just hate seeing my friend go through this.
Anyways, I am off - these are my random thoughts and ramblings of my head. Not edited or read over before posting but what came out of my head. Thanks for listening.

<< Home