First 24 hours in Ottawa have been fantastic. I was lucky and got a drive to Pearson from Ali. My flight was very uneventful, it was too short to have anything happen during it. Dre, Jess, and Christine greeted me at the airport and we proceeded to head to the market for drinks and dinner on a patio. Of course, we were slightly acousted by a homeless person - the waitress thought we knew him at first. After dinner and drinks, back to the house where I got THE BEST birthday/going away gift from Dre. We then had margaritas and sat on the stoop.
Today was spent by Anne's pool in the suburbs. I drank beer and swam all afternoon while she stressed over the closing of her first purchase of a house. I also have gotten through 75% of my most recent book during these last 24 hours. It is "Tuesdays with Morrie" and is an ok read - have heard the end will produce tears (I have my doubts). It was all very exciting. Now we are back at the girls house and drinking of beer has not stopped, HELLLOOOO BUBBA. More food too. Watch out O-town, we hit the streets tonight! (The girls all say hello to anyone who knows them)

<< Home