Saturday, August 14, 2004

Shandy and I scored (free) tickets to go "meet" Survivor winners Ethan and Jenna. It was some publicity for the clothing boutique "Just Between Us" by Kitchener City Hall. Apparently the owner just sent them a letter asking their presence for the opening of the store and they agreed. Yeah...right. Anyhow, even though we only got our tickets at the last minute, we were still half way up in the queue. They give everyone numbered tickets and you "meet" the Survivors in that order. Basically our "meeting" was us just snapping photos from 5 feet away and then getting their autographs and us saying "hello" and "thanks."
There were some definite crazy's in the line. Lots of little kids. A very odd piece of publicity for a high-end clothing store. Like these 11 year-olds are going to come back and buy a pair of $230 sch-pants. I think next time I want a Survivor to attend an event, I will just send them a letter and cross my fingers. Photos will come soon.