I’m currently enjoying my sixth day of sun and warm weather in merry ole England. We are continually being told this is highly unusual and should prepare for great rains tomorrow. I will just count my blessings for now. A great feature of this is that I’m snapping up a lot of (what I think are) good photos of the castle and surrounding areas. I will hopefully be able to post them online shortly as one of our computer terminals seems capable of taking memory cards.
We had a few days to ourselves and got oriented around the castle, its grounds, our residence, and our actual job role. It’s all very exciting. The students arrived yesterday. Three of the four of us (SLC’s) travelled for 2 hours at 5:30 am to meet the “freshers.” Due to flight delays and students packing much more luggage than usual, we were stuck there for 5 hours, 6 hours, and 7 hours each. I was the 6-hour man.
I’m finding it more difficult than usual to remember names. Usually I am a pro-star at it. I have decided it’s probably easiest to learn the guys names first as there’s only 35 of them vs. 112 girls. After that, I will dedicate myself to learning the names of the upper-year students as there’s only 20 of them. It’s frustrating without name tags to constantly remind you and drill it in.
We are finally able to access the computer lab in residence, and it happens to be right next door to my room. Perhaps that makes up for me having so far to travel to have access to a shower stall (as I am not a fan of the bath). So more regular updates to come! And plus more regular travelling related to work – so I’ll actually have more to update.

<< Home