Wednesday, December 08, 2004

We survived Amsterdam! Nothing too crazy to report. Our hostel was full of the typical hostel experiences of random roommates and dirty bathrooms. We checked out all the touristy things; coffeeshops, a sex museum, the red-light district, canals upon canals, Van Gogh museum, and a walkby of the Anne Frank house and the homomonument.
Van Gogh musuem was awesome and I think I actually have an artist now that I can say I like and try to sound intelligent about. Michael however was not so into Van Gogh as a cake we had eaten earlier made him feel uncomfortable when he was close to the paitings. To see a video that Michael and I sent Jenn from the museum, click here. This video was prior to going inside. It is only saved for 2 months but it appears you can download it if you wish.
Amsterdam was a fun city and I was glad to check it out. I only wished time had allowed me to be less of a tourist and more time exploring the Dutch countryside and learning more about the culture.
I also didn't get a chance to take a picture in giant wooden clogs but I'll survive that.