Thursday, December 23, 2004

Whoa. I have been back in Canada for a full week already? Time does fly. It has been great thus far! My first 36 hours were spent in Waterloo, visiting Johnny and fun work people/friends. My old housemate Chris was kind enough to put Johnny and I up at the old house for a night, and he even gave us his bed - which please note we were gentlemen about and did not take advantage of. We left that for when we got to our hotel room in Toronto. I also got to see David and Joel's apartments. They both have landed some sweet apartments, despite the sketchiness of the neighborhoods. Buddies was full of hot boys and many of my favorite friends - including my wife from grade one, although she did bring her boyfriend! And talk about random connections amongst everyone. I did not suffer from jet lag as for the first three nights I managed about 5 hours a night, so I just felt constantly tired.
I eventually made it home to Uxbridge on Sunday and have since been here doing nothing! Oh, but what it is to do nothing and have no worries. I managed to watch the first episode of Survivor that was found randomly on a tape and random other reality tv my parents managed to tape.
So far the food that has tasted the best to me since I have been back is not pizza as I had expected, it was instead mashed potatos. Despite all the variety of ways they cook potatos in Britain, their mash just ain't so hot.