So apparently I am not too bad at poker. Some of the guys here have been playing online through the British Maxim website. It's free to play but has qualifying matches twice each day for a weekly tournament. I qualified last week so got to play in tonight's showdown with 87 other players (including 4 others here). I played pretty cautiously and smart and made it into the top 9. This is a big deal as the top 9 get prizes. Frist place qualifies for a real money tournament in London. Ninth place gets a Maxim subscription. I entered the top 9 with the least amount of money but worked my way up and came 6th!!! That means I won a "King of Shaves" shaving kit valued at 30 GBP (aka $85 CAD). I don't know quite what it contains. One of the students won the same prize last week and it has yet to arrive. When I was eliminated, one other student was still in there and doing quite well. Will get the update shortly. Cheers.
Dreaming of Hawaii
The day to day happenings of a boy who wants to live in a simple shack on the beaches of Hawaii but is currently stranded in the urban sprawl of Mississauga.

<< Home