Monday, May 30, 2005

I have survived the backpacking trek and am safely back in Canada. I arrived last Saturday and spent my first few days unpacking and preparing for big job interviews on Tuesday and Wednesday. By "big" interviews I mean I had to prepare a 15-20 minute presentation for both and I was onsite either being formally assessed or informally scrutinized for over 3 hours. I normally don't like to post about potentials related to the future of my life as I worry about being jinxed, so I should just stop talking about those.
After the interviews were done and over, I headed to Waterloo to see the boy and others. It turns out there are less and less others based in Waterloo. Did manage to see Andréa, Lauren, Kevin, and Robin at the Bomber for a pint and food, it was quite surreal but nice!
Now that I am back home I feel like I may start settling in and getting into some routine, even if that routine is just sleep, eat, tan, swim, repeat as necessary. However this week may not get to be routine; when my sister picked me up from the bus station, instead of taking me home we headed to the hospital to see my mom. She woke up this morning with incredible pain so went to the hospital and apparently her appendix was about to rupture so they took it out. So weird as just last night I talked to her on the phone and all was ok. This now puts our family at 2 of 4 being hospitalized in one year, pretty high considering we can't even remember the last time one of us stayed overnight. My sister and I have both touched wood that we'll remain healthy and hospital-free until the end of 2005. We're also hoping appendicitis is not hereditary!