I know Christmas and the holiday season is not necessarily happy times for everyone but do we need Christmas songs to be depressing in order for us to be reminded of that fact? The current offenders are as follows:
The Christmas Shoes (title)
Sir, I want to buy these shoes for my Mama, please
It's Christmas Eve and these shoes are just her size
Could you hurry, sir, Daddy says there's not much time
You see she's been sick for quite a while
And I know these shoes would make her smile
And I want her to look beautiful if Mama meets Jesus tonight
God Bless The Child (by Shania Twain)
God bless the young without mothers
This child is homeless,
That child's on crack
One plays with a gun,
while the other takes a bullet in his back
This boy's a beggar,
That girl sells her soul
They both work the same street,
The same hell hole
Hallelujah, hallelujah,
God bless the child who suffers
Some are born addicted and some are just thrown away
Some have daddies who make them play games they don't want to play
My Humps (by Blacked Eyed Peas)
What you gon’ do with all that junk?
All that junk inside your trunk?
I’ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
Get you love drunk off my hump.
My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump,
My hump, my hump, my hump, my lovely little lumps. (Check it out)

<< Home